Sunday, March 16, 2008

Happy Paint Satricks Day!


Just cause I'm out here by myself, doesn't mean I can't cook up a traditional boiled dinner to celebrate the national holiday of beer, corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, and some Saint that did something for Ireland.
No I didn't cook up 50 lbs of meat this year. No I didn't have a band rockin the night away. And no I didn't get married or have a good excuse like that. But even in a down year, I still boil up a sweet dinner, polished off a couple Guinni, and watched Boondock Saints.
I mean some traditions can not be broken.
Slainte!

3 comments:

Corrigan said...

the green text is a nice touch!!

Unknown said...

Guinni -

Is that really the plural for Guinness?

Is Guinness the plural and singular form of the word - similar to deer or sheep or is it really Guinni, like syllabi or nuclei?

Hope all is well!!!!

Cheers or Slainte!

The Hobester said...

Apparently Urban Dictionary agrees with me.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Guinni

And it's much cooler than just to say the same word for singular and plural. And adding another "es" just makes you sound like Besy, or any of those Philipsesses.