Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Why I need to get my Porsche out here




Check that out. That's the road up ahead. No gaurd rail, shear cliff off to the right. Drops you down into the National Monument Canyon. Just an amazing road, with plenty of twisty turns to keep your attention as you take in the scenery.




Am I the only one that thinks of that scene in Cars with Lightning chasing the Porsche when I see these roads? I'm just so amazed that this is Colorado, and not Arizona. I mean there are some pretty snowy roads out here too. Like Highway 50 to Gunnison. Still rock walls along the road, but a river on the other side makes it look pretty too.



And just to show you the different climates out here, the picture above was taken the same day (within a couple hours actually) as these two shots. About 60 miles away on the road up to the Grand Mesa. An amazing stretch of highway, that winds around these huge cavern walls.




Hopefully I'm doing another drive this weekend, over to Moab in Utah (remember Grand Junction is only 30 miles from the Utah border, so it's not that far). And maybe to Arches National Park . Should be pretty cool. More pictures to come.

No comments: