Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Black Canyon



Sounds kinda spooky, doesn't it. "The Black Canyon" Well, it's not really spooky, but it is pretty cool. Not too much is open in the winter, but there were two spots that I could still get to. This was on my drive from a week and a half ago, but I'm just getting around to posting again. The Black Canyon Park is between Grand Junction and Gunnison (which is really close to Crested Butte). So about an hour or so from me. I'll definitely go back in the summer when you can go down into the canyon.






And these are my friends from the side of the road. Not in the park. Just along the side of Highway 50 on the way to Gunnison. (yes they were that close. I don't have an optical zoom on this camera. They were just chillin about 10 feet off the side of the road.)



1 comment:

Traveling Bonbon said...

Hey Hobes!

Thanks for doing all this exploring. It is fun to see the west coast from your point of view.

Hope you brought the sticks and poles with ya. That would be fun to see too.

toodles