Sunday, July 20, 2008

Let's Recap the Last Few Months

Yeah, it's been awhile since I updated this blog, and I don't even know if anyone's checking this anymore, but I figure now that things are settling down out here, I'll get back into this. But before I get into what's going on right now, let me bring you all up to speed about what's happened in my life the past few months.

First off, I flew back to Michigan, and got to see almost all our friends. We had a fantastic turn out at a little going away bbq at our favorite park in Clawson. Of course there was also some volleyball to be played. And lots of little kids around (dang we're getting old). But it was great to see everyone.







Then Julie packed up the house, the movers loaded the truck, and we hit the road to head out to Colorado. It took us a little while to get settled in, especially with my family showing up that week to visit. It was great to show them how cool it is in the Junction. And then we were able to celebrate our nephews' birth-tism (that's a combo 1st birthday & baptism).





After that came my first attempt at a Disc Golf Tournament. I don't care what some people say, the game is fun, and the courses out here are gorgeous. This one was at Snowmass, a ski hill in Aspen, that you actually had to ride a chairlift to get to the course. And even though it was mid-June, there were still people snowboarding up there. And to boot, I was able to take 1st in the Novice division.





Then came 4th of July, and Julie & I decided to take the long road on a road trip to visit her family in Fort Collins. That long road took us through Rocky Mountain National Park, which is gorgeous. Driving up above tree line, seeing a few elk just hanging out, and watching people get into a snowball fight on the fourth of July. Awesome.





Aside from what I've listed above, we've also been playing softball for our company team, going to the gym a few times a week, went to see a movie under the stars at a local volunteer fire department, played more disc golf, drove over Independence Pass (12,050' above sea level), just to name a few things. Well, that's all I got for now. More to come, I promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You took first, huh? What was there, 2 players in the novice division?

Traveling Bonbon said...

Hobes!

Glad to hear you guys didn't get swallowed by one of the valleys out there. You guys look great.

How's life in the aquarium biznaz? Working on any new interesting ones?

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Who is the Traveling Bonbon?! My favorite photo was the one of you playing disc golf. Did Dos take that one?

Mom

The Hobester said...

Peeps, there were 3 guys in my division, and I spanked the other 2. But I also spanked half the guys in the division above me too.

Bon, everything's great at work. My latest project is a clear waterslide for Disney's latest cruise ship. It's a really neat project.

Mom, Bonbon (aka Bonnie) is my friend through Lano, that was in Liechtenstien with us, and at my wedding. And yes, Dos took that shot.